Michigan, Oklahoma, Utah, Missouri, and Nebraska are among US states looking to legalize weed at a medical or recreational capacity this fall. Whether you partake, there is no shortage of interesting facts about this plant.
Here are five random marijuana facts:
1. Federally legalizing cannabis in the US would bring in $8.7 billion in tax revenue. Not only would it bring in revenue, but states also spend about $3.6 billion on marijuana law enforcement.
2. Weed today is 57-67% more potent than it was in the ‘70s – thanks to the addition of the hydroponics gardening system. Back then, it was much more common for users to smoke stem and leaf bits instead of actual bud.
3. The legal cannabis industry has created an estimated 123,000 full-time jobs in the US. The following states lead the country in marijuana-related job creation:
- California: 43,374 full-time jobs
- Colorado: 23,407 full-time jobs
- Washington: 22,952 full-time jobs
4. You would have to smoke 800 joints in one sitting to die from marijuana. It still wouldn’t be the weed that did you in, but carbon monoxide poisoning instead. To overdose on cannabis, you’d have to smoke 400,000 times the average amount in a short period of time.
5. The very first e-commerce transaction was a weed sale. In the early ‘70s, students at Stanford used the school’s Artificial Intelligence Laboratory to take part in a marijuana transaction with fellow students from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The students used their school’s network to organize the sale of an undetermined amount of weed.
Now that you're cravin', check out our sale bundles to save some green on your next new smoke session experience!