At Ooze, we’re sure that your best portable vape is fun on its own, but what if we told you that you can do tricks? Simple smoke tricks like rings have been around for a long time, and the vaping community is no exception! With this handy how-to guide, we’ll walk you through some of our favorite techniques, and soon enough your friends will have to start calling you Gandalf.
Just one note before you begin: we recommend eliminating as many wind sources from your room as possible. Close your windows, and turn off fans and A/C. The less air flow there is, the more successful you’ll be.
First up is the the Ghost Inhale. Often called the Snap Inhale or Mushroom Cloud, this simple trick is a great place to begin honing your new vapor skills. The Ghost Inhale involves creating a ball of vapor within your mouth, exhaling, then quickly sucking, or “snapping,” it back in. To do this, take a long drag from your vape pen and let it sit in your mouth for a few seconds. As it lingers, try to form the vapor into a ball by puffing your cheeks out, then sucking them in. The key is to keep the vapor in your mouth and not inhale into your lungs. Once it’s condensed, try to push the ball out of your mouth in a short burst with your tongue or a small exhale, being careful not to simply blow. When the vapor ball is out, quickly inhale to suck it back in. Once you’ve mastered the technique, you’ll figure out why it’s called the Ghost Inhale -- it’s gone as quickly as it appears!
Our next trick is called the Dragon. As the name suggests, the Dragon will have you looking like one of our favorite mythological beasts! By blowing water vapor out through the sides of your mouth and your nose, you’ll create a very intimidating, yet cool effect.
So how do you perform a technique that’s enough to impress Daenerys Targaryen? It’s not as hard as it seems; the important part is to remember to keep the middle of your mouth shut while the sides are left open. As with the Ghost Inhale, start with a long drag, but don’t inhale fully. When your mouth is full of vapor, forcefully exhale simultaneously out of your nose and the sides of your mouth. Masses of vapor will flow out, looking like a dragon ready to spew fire. The Mother of Dragons called, and she wants her children back!
After mastering the Ghost Inhale and the Dragon, you’ll want to move onto smoke rings. These can take some practice, so don’t get discouraged if they’re not immediately perfect. As always, this trick starts with a pull from your water bubbler or pen. With the vapor towards the back of your throat, shape your mouth into an “O,” keeping your lips tucked inward and your tongue in the bottom of your mouth. When you’re ready to exhale, push out small amounts vapor by snapping the back of your tongue upward in a short, pulsing motion. Once you’re comfortable with this technique, you’ll be blowing “O’s” like the pros!
Just like all other aspects of life, vapor tricks take time and dedication, and if you keep working at them, these techniques will become second nature. Eventually, you can even blend them together to create new tricks of your own. Until then, these skills should be just what you need to take your water vape pen to the next level, and we’ll be here keeping an eye on new ways to impress.
Summer is upon us, and that can mean only one thing: festival season! While you’re enjoying the sights, sounds, and eats, we’re sure you’ll want to bring your favorite vape pen along, so strap on your fanny pack and buckle up those Birkenstocks, because we’re here to talk festival tips!
Before enjoying the musical stylings of your favorite artists, it’s imperative that you read up on their smoking and vapor policies. Having your water vape pen taken away at the gate is enough to put a damper on any occasion, so knowing your event can prevent such a disaster. Most events, like Bonnaroo, Coachella, and Lollapalooza, list their policies in their FAQ section, while others can be a little more discreet. For those that don’t list their policies directly, try the festival forums. Previous festival-goers will have a wealth of information to offer! You could always try winging it, but we promise you’ll be glad you planned ahead.
Once you know where your event stands on vaporizers, you’ve got to choose the right pen for the job. Coachella approves of single-use minis and mid-sized vaporizer pens and electronic cigarettes, but bans liquid refills, so keep such a distinction in mind when you’re packing for your event. If you’re camping, glass is often prohibited, so double-check before grabbing your water bubbler. If you’re not sure, our Slim Twist Batteries are your best choice for smoking on the go; the sleek, streamlined profile fits perfectly into any travel pouch, and it has an auto shut-off feature so it will never overheat in your bag.
When you’ve made it to the event, you’ll want to make sure to keep track of your stuff. Lockers can be a great place if you’re stowing your items for an extended stay. Electric Forest even offers lockers with access to mobile charging! If lockers aren’t quite what you’re looking for, try fanny packs. They might look lame, but they’ve got a functionality that doesn’t quit, and we guarantee you won’t be the only one with one on! If you’re still not convinced, purses and backpacks are definitely acceptable, and while they’ll keep your vape pen close at hand, the convenience of reaching down in front of you can’t be beat!
Speaking of close at hand, we don’t recommend pulling out your pen in a mosh pit at an event like Riot Fest. That’s how things get broken or lost. If you are heading in, hand your pen to a friend or keep it some place secure. Sharing is caring, and you’ll be thanking yourself later! Above all, be conscious of others’ space. Blowing vapor into someone’s face is not cool (unless they’re into that kind of thing). Sometimes it can’t be helped, but try to stay aware of your surroundings. We’re all here to have a good time, so respect others, and you’ll be making new friends in no time!
Between scoring your tickets and getting to the event, music festivals can be a stressful occasion, but we believe packing your favorite portable vape shouldn’t be. Festivals are THE events of the summer, and having your best vaporizer will help you enjoy the tunes that much more; just heed our advice and it’ll be smooth sailing.
Traveling can be extremely stressful – with all the planning, budgeting, airports and crowds. At Ooze, we have created products that will not only improve your everyday life, but your traveling experience as well!
Portability and discretion are of the utmost importance when traveling, which makes our products the perfect accessory Our vape pens are slim, easy to use and easily concealable. When it comes to packing your luggage, the Ooze pen can fit almost anywhere. We even offer various kits that come equipped with everything the traveling patient might need – unit, charger, container and spare parts, all packed into one case!
Our travel vaporizers make traveling a breeze for patients who rely on consistent holistic treatments. Not only is vaporizing odorless, but it’s also a lot more inconspicuous than the classic joint. Electronic cigarettes are permitted in public areas and are allowed on most airplanes, (obviously as long as you follow local laws – vaporizing in designated areas, not in vehicles or buildings) so just make sure to abide by all laws and you will be fine!
We’ve entered an era where vaporizing has become much more accepted in society, especially as an alternative to smoking. Next time you’re planning a trip, make sure to add an Ooze product to the list for quick and discrete relief, wherever you go!
- For most Cannabis enthusiasts flower was the first introduction to the weed scene. It has been a cornerstone for Marijuana smokers from the first day people started smoking. The quality of flower alone is noted to be getting better by the minute. Some common nicknames for the original marijuana flowers are called bud, nugs, wacky tobaccy, herb, or broccoli etc. Flower comes in a multitude of strains varying in appearance, smell, and potency.
- Kief, also known as dry sift, is the substance that coats each and every marijuana bud. The crystalline/sticky substance holds much of the unique properties that come with marijuana flowers. Terpenes, the key ingredient for giving weed its distinctive taste, and cannabinoids, known for giving some healing products to marijuana, are both packed into these tiny kief glands. Kief can be collected in the bottom of a grinder to give an extra punch of cannabinoids and terpenes in your next sesh!
- Cannabis infused foods are often referred to as edibles and are not for the faint heart pot enthusiast. Edibles are known for their prominent potency due to the way the body digests THC. First time edible users are often suggested to take caution when it comes to eating the right amount. Marijuana extraction methods are used to get pure THC out of the flowers and straight into your food. Edibles can and are made of nearly any and every food now a days with doses for the newbies to the experienced veterans.
- Shatter is the most recognizable and often sought after form of marijuana concentrates. Shatter is often made with same extraction process of many other concentrates by blasting the Weed with butane. Shatter makers often go for the clearest look possible even though there have been some studies disregarding shatter’s color to its potency. Shatter can come in all textures and consistencies with some being very hard and brittle to others carrying a more runny and goopy texture. Shatter is also known for making some amazing wax art at various festivals and events.
- Rosin is currently the newest and easiest cannabis concentrate to make at home. Rosin is strictly the concentrate that comes out when pressing a marijuana bud with any type of hot plate. This at home method usually consists of a bud, hair straightener, and parchment paper to catch all of the rosin. In a business setting something as big as a printing press may be used to take out as much rosin from buds as possible. This method of extraction is sometime preferred because of it’s simplicity to complete and lack of substance needed to extract the rosin, leading to a more pure and potent product. These concentrates are falling into the ever-growing category of solventless concentrates.
- Crumble is similarly made like many other concentrates, but the key difference is its consistency and temperature. This change in temperature and thickness creates a substance that is much more pliable and malleable than most concentrates. Crumble acts just as it’s name suggest: it is very crumbly and easy to break apart to apply on any weed concoction. Crumble also lights and burns unlike any other concentrate. It almost turns into a complete liquid before actually being smoked. The like of concentrates usually comes through personal preference and figuring out what you exactly do and don’t like with each concentrate.
Methods of inhalation:
-Joints are often the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about smoking marijuana and its original roots. Joints are made up of rolling papers, very thin papers used for smoking marijuana. Simple as that. Joints are filled with marijuana, often grinded, and formed into a stick like shape and is smoked like a typical cigarette or cigar. On the other hand, blunts also have marijuana rolled up but this time the paper used is a cigar leaf. Most often a cheap cigar will be split and filled with ground marijuana. Blunts are known for the simplicity and rolling and the slow burn that they have. In recent years, newer types of blunt wraps have become available. Hemp leaves are a new alternative for blunt fans to smoke up with. King Palm wraps for example, offer a tobacco- and chemical-free way to smoke your bud. Slow burning and pre-built, King Palm Wraps deliver an elevated blunt smoking experience.
- Pipes and smoking weed have also gone hand in hand for as long as marijuana has been around. Pipes, usually made of glass are blown or shaped by glass blowers and sold typically in smoke shops. Pipes are relevant for their convenience and simplicity to light up virtually anywhere with minimal amounts of weed. You can buy a pipe that varies in price from crazy expensive to extremely affordable. Also popular are water pipes, or bongs. These pieces take water into filter the smoke before it reaches your lungs. The smoke is pulled through the water, which acts as a filter before shortly pulling the bowl to release all of the smoke and clear your hit.
- Vaporizers are the new wave when it comes to smoking weed in modern times. Vaping weed is know to be the most healthy form of inhalation of weed due to its ability to extract THC from all plant matter. Vaping weed works by heating up a small chamber via convection or conduction. Convection works by heating up air and pushing it past the cannabis while conduction is performed by heating up the area that consumes the bud.
10. Unconventional Methods
- Sometimes having a little bud does not mean that you have something to smoke it out of. When you are in one of these situations it is critical that you get very creative. There are two roads most often traveled when trying to create a homemade piece to smoke out of. Food/ Fruit and Bottles/Cans are usually the simplest items needed to create a quick and easy piece. Fruits such as apples and carrots can be cut out to have an airflow and bowl piece whole to effectively deliver a hit. The bottle and can methods can be manipulated in any way you mind desires, but make sure you don’t let the ash fly into your mouth!
*Disclaimer: Ooze does not condone any unconventional ways of smoking. We are a vaporizer and accessories company and only endorse healthy and safe ways to consumer whatever is being smoked.