THC-infused drinks are a fun and flavorful way to enjoy the psychoactive effects of the cannabis plant. Beverages infused with THC have a rich history and have been around since 2000 B.C. Although cannabis beverages have been around for thousands of years, the process of making THC drinks has evolved with the times. Today, one of the easiest ways to make your own drinkables is with a THC tincture.
In honor of national lemonade day, the Ooze crew is celebrating with some killer THC-infused lemonade and mocktail recipes using THC tincture. Before we kick back with an ice-cold cannabis-infused beverage, let's dive into what THC tincture is and how to dose your THC drinks.
What is a THC Tincture?
THC Tincture or the “Green Dragon” is a cannabis-infused alcohol-based liquid that has been used in eastern medicine for centuries. It's one of the safest and most effective ways to consume cannabis. It’s also a great alternative for anyone who can’t smoke or would like to give their lungs a break. Plus, you can make it at home!
Learning how to make your own tincture at home is a fairly straightforward process that involves using high-proof ethyl alcohol. Basically, all you have to do is add decarboxylated bud to a jar, add the alcohol, and store it in a dark place for two to three weeks. Once it turns a vivid deep green, you can strain out all the bud and what's left will be a potent homemade tincture!
Not into the idea of making THC tincture at home? Don't worry, you can always buy tincture from a dispensary. When picking out a tincture at the store, you will want to look for one made from a strain you enjoy. If you prefer to smoke Indica, an Indica dominant tincture will be the best fit for you. Its always a good idea to ask questions and get suggestions from the budtender if you're unsure.
Dosing Cannabis Drinks
When it comes to finding the right dose for cannabis drinks, every person is going to be a little different. The recommended dose for the average user is 10mg of THC. However, this can vary from person to person. The seasoned cannabis connoisseur is going to need a different dose than a first-time user. If you’ve never consumed any cannabis products before, we recommend starting with 5mg of THC. For a seasoned veteran, we recommend trying 30mg. If you are somewhere in between, check out this detailed THC Dosage Guide to find the perfect dose for you! Just remember to have fun and keep these four tips in mind while enjoying your drinks:
1. Pick a safe and fun environment for the first time you make a THC-infused drink. If you get too high, good vibes will make a great companion.
2. If you are not feeling anything, wait at least 30 minutes before drinking more. THC tincture can sneak up on you because your stomach needs enough time to absorb the cannabis compounds.
3. Start with small doses and work your way up gradually. Remember, you can always drink more but you can never drink less.
4. If you want to have several THC-infused drinks, make sure to divide the dosage by the number of drinks you’ll be consuming.
THC-Infused Drink Recipes
Now that we have dived into what THC tincture is and how to dose your drinks, it's officially time to start whipping up some dank THC-infused drink recipes!
1. Lit Lemonade
When life gives you lemons, we highly suggest making this THC-infused lemonade. It's simple, delicious, and will pair well with a limonene-dominant tincture!
- 3 cups of cold water
- 1 cup of warm water
- 4 tbsp of sugar
- 6 tbsp of lemon juice (2-3 Lemons)
- 1 lemon for garnish
- THC Tincture as desired
- Ice Cubes
- Juice lemons by hand or with a juicer
- Mix sugar and 1 cup of warm water until sugar dissolves
- Combined cold water, lemon juice, THC Tincture, and sugar mixture
- Add sliced lemons and ice cubes
If you’re looking for a more sophisticated lemonade recipe, this canna-basil strawberry lemonade is a great option. It's refreshing, unique, and herbaceous!
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 10 strawberries without tops
- 1/3 cup of fresh basil leaves
- THC Tincture (dose to your preference)
- Sweetener to taste
- Add strawberries and basil to the pitcher and muddle until blended
- Add lemon juice, sweetener, water, and stir
- Add cannabis tincture and stir
- Serve in a glass over ice with a basil, strawberry, and lemon wedge garnish
Are you a visual learner? Watch our Canna-Basil Strawberry Lemonade Video:
If you aren't mesmerized by the delicious tang of fresh lemonade, this watermelon cucumber mojito is a great alternative. It's fun, festive, and hangover-free!
- 1 cup of cubed watermelon
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 12 cucumber slices
- 1 lime
- 4 tbsp of sugar/sweetener
- 4 cups of club soda
- THC Tincture (dose to your preference)
- Ice cubes
- Muddle the watermelon and mint at the bottom of a pitcher
- Add ice cubes, cucumber slices, and sweetener of your choice
- Dose with THC tincture
- Add club soda and stir
- Garnish with lime in each glass
We highly suggest pairing any of these refreshing beverages with a freshly chill Ooze Cryo Bowl or Gylco Water Pipe! Made with liquid glycerin and strong borosilicate glass, these pieces are freezable so you can have the chilliest smoke sesh imaginable. Paired together, there is no better way to celebrate national lemonade day!