With the release of our new Flare Flower Vape Pen and Verge Dry Herb Vaporizer powered by C-Core, we bet you’ve already started to accumulate a lot of AVB (already vaped bud). This brown, dried-up flower may look destined to be discarded, but there are plenty of ways to utilize it!
There are still a decent amount of valuable cannabinoids left within your AVB. Depending on how deeply you vaporize your flower, there will still be up to 30 percent of the precious cannabinoids left in your AVB. So instead of throwing your stash in the trash, you can make effective and tasty THC-infused products. In this blog, we will show you how to make edibles and other goodies from your vaped weed!
Why Is Vaped Weed Convenient for Edibles?
When using vaporized bud for edibles, you can skip the decarboxylation process, making recipes quick and easy. Traditionally when making edibles, you would have to stick the raw flower in the oven for about a half hour on low heat before infusing it into your butter or oil. This activates the cannabinoids in your bud, making your edibles effective. Unfortunately, this process is not discrete and will leave your entire home smelling like your favorite strain, which isn’t always ideal!
Luckily, our vaporizers activate your bud so you can avoid that stinky decarb operation. Just keep in mind that although AVB has a lower level of THC than usual, it's always good to start with a small portion when consuming edibles made with vaporized flower, as it is hard to pinpoint the exact amount of active cannabinoids leftover within the bud.
How to Make Edibles With Vaped Weed
Make Edibles with AVB Cannabutter
When recycling your stash of vaped bud, you have a couple methods to infuse your desired dish. One option is making a deliciously potent cannabutter, which is a breeze to infuse. Plus, adding butter to any meal provides a decadent flavor and THC effortlessly attaches itself to the fat in butter, giving your pastry or meal a rich, creamy flavor with a hint of that distinct cannabis taste. Since your vaporizer has already cut out using the oven to decarb your bud, here is a delicious no-bake cannabis rice krispie treats recipe!
Cannabutter Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 tablespoons of Cannabutter (You can find our recipe here!)
- 5 cups of mini-marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 cups cereal of choice rice Krispies, cocoa pebbles, fruity pebbles
- Prepare an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, or use a silicone baking pan to avoid sticking.
- In a large pot, add your cannabutter and melt entirely over medium-low heat.
- Add mini marshmallows, constantly stirring with a rubber spatula until thoroughly melted.
- Turn off the heat, and stir in vanilla extract and salt.
- Add preferred cereal, stirring until all the cereal is thoroughly coated in the marshmallow mixture.
- Pour the mixture into your 8x8 pan, and use your spatula to press down the mixture spreading it throughout the pan into an even layer.
- If you’re feeling creative, add whatever desired toppings now!
- Allow your treats to sit for an hour before cutting; cut and remove from the pan into an airtight container once cooled.
Make Edibles with AVB Coconut Oil
If you’re vegan, AVB can also be infused into a wide variety of cooking oils. For example, coconut oil has the highest saturated fat content making it a favorable companion for your flower. Infusing avocado and olive oil is also an excellent option for cooking a dank dinner with those munchies hitting just in time for dessert! Either option will provide endless recipes to help get your creative culinary juices flowing, whether you’re feeling something sweet or savory! Consider making these delicious cannabis-infused brownies to give you a nice buzz and satisfy your after-dinner sweet tooth!
Coconut Oil Cannabis Brownies
- 1/2 cup cannabis-infused coconut oil
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 4 1/2 ounces of unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking pan with aluminum foil, and coat the foil with butter or vegetable shortening.
- Mix your chocolate and infused coconut oil over low heat, frequently stirring until thoroughly mixed, and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, and salt, and set aside.
- Mix the brown sugar into the melted chocolate mixture.
- Beat eggs and vanilla into the chocolate mixture until thoroughly mixed.
- Add flour, salt, and cocoa powder into the mixture, and blend in until incorporated.
- Pour mixture into your prepared pan, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes (or until an inserted toothpick comes out with a few crumbs.)
- Let cool and lift the foil from the pan, slice, and enjoy!
Other Ways to Utilize Your Vaped Weed
If you’re willing to be patient, creating your own tincture is another excellent option to recycle your vaporized bud. The process is relatively simple; you will need your vaporized flower, high-proof ethyl alcohol, and a jar big enough to hold the mixture. Once all is mixed, place it in a dark area for two to three weeks. After that time has passed, you will notice that your mixture has taken on a dark brown or green tint, meaning it is ready to be strained, leaving you with a beautiful homemade tincture.
It is important to note that this tincture will be slightly less potent than using fresh decarbed flower since the vaporizer has taken away some of the cannabinoids. However, this may be the perfect stepping stone for beginners before trying more potent options! Check out our blog on making THC-infused drinks for more information on tinctures and some dank drink ideas!
One of the most discrete, low-maintenance ways to use your AVB is to simply put them inside gel capsules. If you are looking for a perfect way to medicate on the go without having to save a ton of weed, look no further than making your own capsules. This method is perfect for those of you who can’t stand the taste of cannabis but still want to be efficient in recycling your AVB.
Just grind your flower down to a fine consistency and load up your capsules to your desired dosage; we suggest starting low to test the potency of your vaped bud before upping the quantity. After consumption, there will likely be a waiting period as your stomach needs time to break down the capsule before the cannabis can take effect.
Now that you know how to make edibles with vaped weed, stash that AVB from your Ooze dry-herb vaporizers in an airtight container and let your creativity form new ways to catch a buzz!